Sat Apr 20, 2013, 12:59 AM
AND THE WINNERS ARE!
Quote: "You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain"
I liked this entry, as well as all of their entries for being based in history, this one in particular struck me
Quote: "War is where the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other"
This one was very simple in execution but hit the nail on the head
Quote: "We stopped checking for monsters when we realized they were inside us"
this was probably the most used quote, and there were plenty of amazing entries for it, but this one was my absolute favorite
CONGRATULATIONS! I will make a Journal tomorrow featuring all entrants, as well as the honorable mentions!!
Winners, please get a hold of me so I can send you your prizes! :3
Well done everyone! Thanks for making this contest awesome ^_^
WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED THIS SUNDAY AND ALL PRIZES WILL (HOPEFULLY) BE DISTRIBUTED WITHIN A WEEK, pseudo-explanation here xite91.deviantart.com/journal/…
In case you haven't heard, due to an unfortunate mistake, I have to wait to get paid to hand out the prizes, which is about two weeks from now. Even though the contest is TECHNICALLY over, I don't feel it's fair to you guys that I get an extension to pay you, but you don't get an extension to do your entries, SO, until I announce the winners, you have the chance to finish your entries. I will not announce the winners till I can dish out prizes, and I will give you at least a day's notice before I announce the winners. Sorry for the inconvenience guys, thanks for all the help making this such a great contest! <3<3<3
A lot of people have asked for an extension, so here we are, you now have 2 more weeks to enter! Making the contest end on June 23, 2013!
Darn! we almost got that 100 favorites, but we have plenty of reasons to celebrate! For instance, we've hit 21 entries! So on to the 3rd tier of prizes!
So I have a question, are you guys all enjoying this contest as much as I am? because if you are and if you'd like, i can give an extension, just let me know if you want and for how long!
Now onto the good stuff!
THE WINNERS OF THE RANDOM RAFFLE ARE *drumroll*
As a prize winner, each of you have a choice between a 1 month premium membership, an equal number of points, or a character design digital painting from me (full body character, no background)
Once the winners are announced I will note you and you will have 1 week to claim your prize, if you do not by this time I will assume you are inactive and give the prize to someone else.
The idea is simple, i give you a list of quotes, you choose one that inspires you, and draw from that inspiration.
~I've decided to add some prizes for GROUPS that feature my contest!~
Any group that creates a journal entry dedicated to my contest WITH A LINK (and, of course, notes me to let me know about it) will recieve 100 points, I've also added a random group premium membership prize for groups!
- War is where the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other
- At my signal, unleash hell!
- We stopped checking for monsters under the bed when we realized they were inside us
- Come, show me what passes for fury among your misbegotten kind!
- You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain
- Back off, man. I'm a scientist
- Don't you threaten me with a dead fish
- I shall call him Squishy. And he shall be mine. And he shall be MY Squishy
- Well, that's a pleasant side effect.
- If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining
- I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
- Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
- Everyone is gifted - but some people never open their package
- If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him.
- The Gods envy us. They envy us because we are mortal.
- All glory comes from daring to begin.
- Music is love in search of a word.
- History is written by the victors.
- Well behaved women rarely make history.
- I'm around dead bodies all day, do you really think one more will bother me?
- Between two evils, I always picked the one I'd never tried before.
- Just tell me how to be different in a way that makes sense.
- Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality
- You wait a lifetime to be found
- Now, my feet won't touch the ground
Just let me know what you want added and i just might
I want to give you guys a lot of time to make this a awesome as possible, so you'll have until June 23th to finish it
I accidentally left out a few important rules, so i'll put them here;
- NO TRACING other artworks, must be your original work
- Bases CAN be used, but make sure the artist that created it knows and allows it (i will ask them) and make sure to credit them
- Collab's are allowed, but make sure you know beforehand how you plan to split the prize
- If it's visual artwork (non craft of course) i prefer it be "complete", as in full background and so on (color does not count as "complete" as i see complete black and white pieces all the time), but again, not a requirement, just a preference
- Adhere to the rules of DA
- It can be gory, graphic, all of that fun stuff, but remember to put a filter on it if it is!
- Payment through paypal, if you don't have paypal we'll work something out (probably an equal amount of points)
- I will not post where the quotes came from (i know some will be a bit obvious). I want you to use your imagination, please don't look it up, and try not to use where it came from if you can help it (i'm not so much looking for fanart)
- Can be any medium of art, any at all!
- Contest open to DA members only, pretty much for my convenience...
- I feel i'm giving plenty of quotes, so please don't take the liberty of using your own, if you'd like to use one not on the list, note me and if i think it should be added, i'll add it
- The artist's comments for the deviation must have the quote used, as well as a link to this journal
- Watches and Favorites aren't ever required, but remember, this contest pays more with more entries, so getting it out there could mean you getting paid more
- Anyone that creates a journal entry linking to this one will get 10 pts and a llama (if i haven't given you a llama already)
- If you create a journal note me with a link to it
- Note me with your contest entry, if you simply leave it here or on my wall i may miss it
- Do NOT disrespect me or any entrants to this contest, anyone who insults another artist's work does not deserve to win the prize and will be disqualified (insulting and constructive criticism are two different things)
- Anyone who does not adhere to the rules will be disqualified
- HAVE FUN!
Prizes will increase based on number of entries based on this chart (all prizes are in USD only)
50 - 75 entries
1st: $ 50
2nd: $ 35
3rd: $ 25
If we get past that i'll update as we go, remember to spread this around!
Llama and commission from :iconShadedragon06:
I will be giving away 5 premium memberships at the end of this contest!
1 to a random ACTIVE watcher (you have to have logged in within the last 6 months)
1 to a random person who favorites this journal
1 to a random entrant (not in 1st 2nd or 3rd place)
1 to a random Prize Donater
1 to a random Group that features my contest
Again, the number of giveaways for memberships are ALSO dependent on the number of people to join, increasing in this order; Entrant, Favoriter, Watcher
When i start receiving entries, i'll add them on this page, as well as a special favorites folder i will create!
Remember, you're always welcome to join, donate prizes, or both, whether a watcher or not
Thank you for reading!
- Mood: Cheerful
Congratulations to the winners and everybody else who participated
Congrats everybody!!! ^^
uuuuuh! thank you! superdupercool!
congrats to everyone!
I'll send you the note asap... or wait I'll send it now *hehe*
*so happy right now*
congrats to everyone!
I'll send you the note asap... or wait I'll send it now *hehe*
*so happy right now*
Congrats to the other winners!
And, uh, how do I 'get a hold of you'?
it looks great! thanks for the entry! I'll hopefully pick the winners soon :3
Question, isn't the deadline passed? It's already July the 1st.
yep, the deadline is way passed, but I'm giving people until i announce the winners to turn in their entries, since I have to get paid before I can dish out prizes anyways
it looks really cool! but i think it goes in the photomanipulation area instead of conceptual :3
Thanks!! I always have a problem with that because when I think of a photo-manipulation I usually picture art that has used stock photos. Since I didn't use any stock photos and combined multiple exposures I put it in the conceptual photography category
You should update the "current entries" number: It's already over 60 now.
I know, I've been really swamped lately so i haven't been updating a lot. I'm also trying to decide what the increase in prizes will be, as I would love to give more than 3 prizes :3
Maybe some points/commissions/features to honorable mentions?
that's what I'm considering, I want to do premium memberships for some honorable mentions and a few random pm's as well. But before I decide what I give, I have to get paid so I can figure out exactly how much I have to give :3
Does it have to be a drawing, or can it be a photo? And can we submit more than one?
any art medium is allowed, including but not limited to photography, and you can enter as many times as you like :3
I'll do my best to make an entry the next days ... hope that won't be too late.
as long as the winners haven't been announced you'll be fine :3
Well, I didn't make it .... next time
aww i'm sorry i'll be hosting more contests in the future, so hopefully you'll be able to do those ones!
It's somehow my fault cuz I had got enough time but I didn't really use that opportunity and only started drawing when there was not much time left. But still I'll be looking forward for more contests. Even though I missed to be part of this one it still was fun to follow and look at those awesome entries.
i understand that, sometimes i lack motivation because the piece just doesn't appeal to me >.<
And sometimes people lack motivation cuz in their minds they have an epic picture ... and even if the drawing they did is good, it's still not as good as the picture in their minds. That's somehow disappointing ... and this disappointment steals motivation.
That's my case in this case! I'll learn my lesson from it! ^^